- Anger management: Excessive anger can be a symptom of an underlying disorder and may interfere with a patient’s life and relationships. Thankfully, anger management treatment can help.
- Anxiety: Anxiety is a natural response to stress. Anxiety disorders, however, can lead to intense, excessive worry and panic attacks.
- Bipolar disorders: These are characterized by extreme and debilitating mood swings, switching between emotional highs (mania) and lows (depression).
- Depression: When patients are depressed, they struggle with persistent feelings of sadness and apathy.
- Mood disorders: There are a variety of disorders that have significant impacts on a patient’s mood, sometimes requiring medical intervention.
- Psychosis: All types of psychosis alter the way the brain processes information, causing affected individuals to lose touch with reality.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD occurs in people who have experienced trauma and causes disturbing thoughts and feelings – even long after the event.
- Schizophrenia: This causes patients to interpret reality abnormally. It may result in hallucinations, delusions, and impaired functioning.
Seek Help Today
If you or a loved one is struggling with one or more of these conditions or is seeking an accurate diagnosis, reach out for help today. North Ward Behavioral Health Center in Newark, NJ, offers compassionate, experienced treatment and support for patients throughout the region. Contact us to schedule an appointment, during which you can learn more about our services and how they’ll help you heal from or manage your condition.